Family-Focused, Compassionate Representation

Unmarried Parent Issues And Resolutions

Child support, child custody and visitation issues arise even if parents are not married. These cases are called nondissolution cases and address issues such as paternity, custody, child support and visitation. Even married couples, who are separated and do not want a divorce, can file a nondissolution complaint.

Once a complaint is filed you will be provided with a date for mediation, also known as a consent conference. On this date, you will have the opportunity to resolve your case with the assistance of a mediator. If you are unable to resolve your case at the consent conference, you will be given a date to appear before a judge or hearing officer and argue your case.

Since nondissolution cases require resolving very important and sensitive issues, you should be represented by an attorney to ensure your rights are protected.

Reach Out To Us Today

Our family law attorneys at Wernik & Salvatore have over 45 years of combined experience. Contact our firm in Monmouth County to speak with a nondissolution lawyer at 732-201-3888 or contact us online today. We are here to assist you.